Welcome to Lifegrace Hospital
Launched in 1993, Lifegrace Hospital run today over 218000 visitors per month and have become the USA’s biggest healthcare accounting for a quarter of all health-related enterprise. We strive to be a world-leading, multi-channel service for everyone engaging with the social care. Lifegrace Hospital is a community of people dedicated to transforming the patient and family experience through innovative and collaborative approaches to care, knowledge and leadership. As Lifegrace’s leading centre for complex-acute and specialty care, and home to the Cancer Centre, KGH serves, through its Kingston facility and 24 regional affiliate and satellite sites, almost 500,000 people who live in a 20,000-square-kilometre predominantly rural area, as well as some communities on James Bay in USA. In this area we are the third largest employer and we have over 820 volunteers who contribute their energy and skills to caring for others.
Lifegrace Hospital is an award-winning, comprehensive health care company helping you to make the best choices about your health and lifestyle, but also about making the most healthcare services in the country. Our Department directories let you find, choose health, support and care services available in the hospital.
Achieving Our Aim
Our strategy sets out how we will realize our mission of transforming the patient and family experience through innovative and collaborative approaches to care, knowledge and leadership, and what we will do to achieve our aim of Outstanding Care, Always. To help us along this path, we have made a commitment that our five guiding principles – respect, engagement, accountability, transparency and value for money – will be reflected in our behaviours and actions every single day at Lifegrace Hospital.
- Provide the highest quality health care
- Be the leading source of research and discovery
- Educate the next generation of leaders in child health
- Enhance the health and well-being of the children and families in our local community
Privacy And Access To Information
At Lifegrace Hospital, protecting your privacy is a fundamental commitment to treating our patients with dignity, compassion and social responsibility. It is also the law. The Privacy Office is a resource shared between the Lifegrace Hospital site and more than 7 other sites. As part of the integration, We will assume legal custody of all personal health information and medical records and will follow all existing processes to ensure we are protecting everyone’s personal health information. Since most patients may need both outpatient and inpatient care provided by both organizations, information about a patients visits to either hospital are stored together and form a single medical record.
Speaks and listens respectfully, communicates clearly and responds thoughtfully and promptly
- Shares information and ideas with others
- Keeps his/her manager informed about progress and challenges
- Communicates respectfully both verbally and non-verbally to all patients, families and colleagues
- Uses multiple channels or means to communicate important messages
- Ensures that important information from across the enterprise is shared with his/her direct reports and others as appropriate (managers/supervisors only)
Treats others with empathy and compassion; values our differences
- Contributes to a workplace environment that promotes respect and fairness for self and others including privacy and confidentiality.
- Demonstrates respect for different personal and professional viewpoints, philosophies and beliefs.
- Values the diversity of each individual’s unique talents, life and work styles in seeking to create balanced work groups (managers/supervisors only
Achieves the highest standards of performance every moment of every day
- Models excellence through attention to detail and a focus on quality care, problem-solving and teamwork
- Makes every effort to deliver on the commitments that we make to each other and exceed the expectations of every patient family.
- As leaders we strive to keep our teams positive and empowered (managers/supervisors only)
Patient and Family Advisory Council
Our Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC) was formed in February 2004 and is composed of up to twelve former patients or family members of patients who have received care plus four staff members and a physician. The Council includes individuals who have had experience in the medicine, emergency, surgery, cardiology, oncology, obstetrics/gynecology, critical care and pediatric programs. The Council is co-chaired by a Patient Experience Advisor and a staff member. Since September 2007, Patient Experience Advisors have become members of key service-based and corporate committees, including the Planning and Performance Committee, the Patient Flow Taskforce and the Patient Quality and Safety Steering Committee to name a few.
Holds ourselves and each other to higher standards of performance through attention to detail and personal integrity
- Shows a high level of integrity a willingness to take responsibility for his/her own actions and in the case of error, admits it and works to improve
- Demonstrates personal responsibility for achieving goals and commitments
- Seeks out feedback to improve processes and add to knowledge base
- Demonstrates a sense of ownership for team results, cross checking one another and communicating the need for corrective action as needed
- Creates a work environment designed for accountability by clearly defining and cascading goals for the Hospital and its staff specifically personal performance objectives, measuring results and follow through with objective evaluations and defining measures of success. (managers/supervisors only)
Collaborates to achieve cooperative solutions
- Chooses to be inclusive by involving others across functions, seeking ideas and sharing resources and solutions
- Supports collaboration by building trust and strong relationships across our one enterprise
- Works together with others cooperatively to achieve our common goals
- Builds high performing team cultures based on the values of collaboration, mutual support and team cohesion (managers/supervisors only)
Demonstrates and supports openness to change and new ideas
- Demonstrates an openness to change in both positive mindset and behavior
- Takes a visionary view on challenges and seeks creative solutions
- Generates, evaluates and implements new ideas as well as adapting others’ existing ideas collaboratively
- Creates a culture that emphasizes innovation through collaboration between team members and encourages freedom for the flow of information. Provides the necessary resources and creative space to encourage innovative behavior (managers/supervisors only)